Where is your team?
Is it where you want it to be?
As the new year kicks off, many of us are starting to accomplish the plans we laid out last year. And, if you manage a group of people, you’re also responsible for making sure they achieve their goals.
The current environment is rife with global volatility, instability, and unceasing change. Given this dynamic environment, it is quite a challenge to stay focused and achieve goals. Team members need to be able to pivot, adapt, and adjust with little or no notice.
Following are some tips to keep you and your team members motivated, focused, and in top form:
- Never give up. The top 5% of every profession are the ones who are so passionate about their goals that no matter what feedback they get, no matter how many times they fail, they re-think, re-plan, and re-do because they believe in themselves, their team, and their goals.
- Make constant re-evaluations. Look at the plan and progress-to-date on a weekly or monthly basis. Make adjustments as necessary to remain on track, and consult other goal influencers.
- Develop a “do-it-now” mentality. Commit to performing the smaller steps that lead to goal execution and motivate others to do the same.
- As you assess progress, evaluate performance during the past two years. Examine what you and your team have achieved and how you achieved it.
- Ask yourself: What techniques and plans worked well consistently?
Action to take: Plan on using these again.
- Ask yourself: What techniques and plans didn’t work well?
Action to take: Plan to change at least one aspect of each.
What are your goals? We can help you accomplish them – reach out to us to set up a time to talk.